Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Road trip to Mont Saint Michel

Hello my loves! I am so sorry for going this long without updates! So much has been going on it was difficult for me to get myself to sit and write but I have kept everything updated in my journal and images to allow me to remember. 

I was under the weather for a few days after St. Patricks Day, I've adjusted to the cold but my body seems to disagree. So I sat in my apartment for almost 4 days with a bad flu. School has been a little disappointing. Long story short, (to be kind) my professor is such a nice lady but I'm not thrilled with her lazy teaching strategy, so I'm in the process of having my classes switched.  

St. Patricks day was a blast, we went to a pub that a friend of ours from school works at and had the infamous "green beers" all night and sang to Scottish music. 



So last weekend we decided to take a road trip to Normandie to visit Mont Saint Michel. It felt surreal! Almost like i was on a movie set. I couldn't grasp that I was standing right in front of something that dates back centuries and centuries, that all started in year 708! I read up on the history of Saint Mont Michel, so to actually be standing inside of this huge palace like church was something so astonishing. 

Hope you all enjoy this mini movie, for some reason it wouldn't allow me to upload it on here so here's the direct link if you'd like to check it out....





The next day we visited the beaches of Deauville in freezing cold temperatures, but it was beautiful none the less. I made the most of it and collected some of the biggest seashells I've ever seen. Then we warmed up to some Vin Chaud (basically a warm version of Sangria) it was yummy. 


Well I know this is short one, but I just wanted to update you all. I promise I'll try to make a habit of posting more. I just don't want it to be boring, I'm sure it wouldn't have been much of thrill to read an update on me being stuck in bed with a flu haha. Well it's late, I have a long day tomorrow with school and an Art Gallery opening I was invited to. Should be fun, Bonsoir!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment